Reasons for IVF / Test Tube baby Treatment:
The following are the reasons why and when a couple needs IVF and Test Tube Baby treatment.
- Blocked tubes due to removal for ectopic pregnancy or blocked due to infection.
- Polycystic Ovary (PCOS):
- Resistant cases of PCOS follicles do not develop well with simple stimulation protocols.
- If multiple follicles develop with the given stimulation protocol.
- In spite of good development and timely rupture of follicles, the couple does not conceive even after 6-8 cycles of IUI or similar treatments.
- Severe endometriosis Grade III / Grade IV at first laparoscopy.
- Moderate Grade II endometriosis cases are initially treated with COH and IUI but if pregnancy is not achieved by 6 cycles plan of IUI then plan for IVF.
- Unexplained infertility – 10% of couples suffer from infertility without any detectable reason.
- Initially, the couple goes through
- Clomiphene/Letrozole stimulation followed by IUI = 3 cycles
- HMG/FSH injections with IUI = 3 cycles
- Later this couple if not conceived we plan committed IVF and ICSI for them.
- Women with decreased ovarian reserve commonly require test tube baby.
- Women seeking pregnancy after 38 yrs we benefited better with IVF treatment.